"To Inform, Educate, Inspire, and Entertain"
Oberlin Public Library was first operated in 1947 by means of a contract between the city of Oberlin and Oberlin College. In 1990 the library moved from the Carnegie Building on campus to its current location.
The library has many special areas including Eva M. Greenberg Genealogy and Local History Room, The Owen Room, and the Nord Family Reading Garden.
Our collection consists of over 150,000 books, 200 magazine and newspaper subscriptions, 8,000 videos and DVDs, 4,000 plus CDs and over 2,000 audio books.
Oberlin Public Library has eight on site Internet Computers with high speed connection and Microsoft Office Software as well as 26 computers at The Bridge, all available for public access.
Please come in and take advantage of our services and programs. Enjoy our welcoming atmosphere and meet our Oberlin Public Library Team.