New! Easier Downloading with the Overdrive Media Console App...
- Get connected to the Internet and goto your mobile device's App Store --or tap on the blue icon on the right here and try autodetect. Kindle Fire owners can download ePubs by getting the app at this link (or they can checkout Kindle versions thru Amazon). Download and install the FREE app.
Once the app is installed, tap on its (similar) Overdrive O icon to begin.
- Authorize your device by tapping on "Register at Adobe.com." You'll need to provide your email address and a password. If you miss the register option in the setup program, you can also register at this link.
- Back in the App, review and close the instruction page by tapping on the X. On the mostly-white "Book Shelf" page, look for your Menu icon, Get Books, and Add Library. Search for Van Buren District Library, followed by your branch name, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- The library will be added as the Woodlands Download Library. Tap on this name to be taken to the website.
- We recommend you login right away. Tap Login. Pick Van Buren District Library from the drop down list (branch name not required). Type in your library card number with no spaces. Mark the "remember on this device" box.
- Start shopping. You'll usually want the ePub version of ebooks, unless you have a Kindle and prefer to checkout thru Amazon.
- For alternate download methods and more detailed information, see the mini videos at http://help.overdrive.com/going-mobile-videos
- Note: If you have a very basic ereader that doesn't have Apps and browsers, you'll probably need to download to a computer first and then transfer to the device using the USB cable and software called "Adobe Digital Editions."
- AUDIOBOOKS are usually downloaded to a computer first and then are transferred to an iPod or MP3 player (etc.) with the USB cable and "Overdrive Media Console for Desktops."
- For additional assistance, click on Help at http://woodlands.lib.overdrive.com; email email@example.com; or complete this form.