The offices are located in the Waverly-Belmont building at 2301 Tenth Ave., South, 37204.
The Office Staff:
- maintains the Library.Solution circulation system
- catalogs resources of various formats for students and faculty use
- provides professional development for library information specialists and library clerks
- oversees the management and operations of each school library program
- Library Lead Teacher Kathy Bennett 259-8413
- Senior Secretary Darlene Murphy 259-8413
- Library Technical Specialist Robert T. Wilson 259-8423
- Cataloging Clerk Linda Gates 259-3282 x858303
- Cataloging Clerk Minyon Owens 259-3282 x858310
The MNPS vision for every school library program is to implement the American Library Association (ALA) and the American Association of School Librarians (AASL) best practices in order to provide an exemplary program for all students.
The mission of an exemplary library program is for every MNPS student to become an independent and ethical life long learner that focuses not only on locating information but also on effectively analyzing, evaluating, synthesizing, creating, and communicating information.
Based upon the ALA and the AASL best practices, MNPS school library programs:
- Provide access to current resources in a variety of formats.
- Promote flexible scheduling in all schools which would provide the teaching of information literacy skills (i.e. research skills, library skills) in conjunction with the classroom curriculum.
- Provide leadership, collaboration, and assistance to teachers in applying the use of instructional strategies and information literacy skills for learning.
- Provide learning experiences that encourage students to become discriminating and skilled creators of information.
- Promote resources and activities that represent diversity in social and cultural perspectives to support the concept of intellectual freedom.