TO VIEW YOUR ACCOUNT ON-LINE...
Click on the "My Account" tab button at the top.
The page will ask for your Patron / Alternate ID # :
* Use the 5-digit number typed on your library card. It will be near your name on the back of your large library card, or in the corner of your key-chain card. (The system WILL NOT allow you to search by your name.)
* You PIN # : is the last four digits of your bar-code (located on the back of your library card).
* To PLACE ITEMS ON HOLD, you will need to enter your ENTIRE BARCODE number from the back of your card.
IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS ACCESSING YOUR ACCOUNT OR PLACING ITEMS ON HOLD...
* Be sure you are using your most recently issued library card (old cards will not work).
* The number on the card must be at least 24,000 to work.
* Your card must have a bar code on the back.
* If you have overdue items or a block has been placed on your card, you may view your account, but you WILL NOT be allowed to re-new items or place items on hold.
* If you have not been asked to update or confirm your address in the past year, that process is required annually, this could be the problem.
If you continue to have difficulties accessing your account you may phone the library during operating hours (859-498-2404), or contact the library using e-mail (email@example.com)
E-BOOKS & AUDIO
The E-book and Audio database uses your entire barcode number as the User ID and the last 4 digits of the barcode as your PIN.
GALE DATABASES (Chilton's, Career Transitions, Legal Forms, Testing & Education Reference Center)
Your password will be your full barcode #.
If you use within the building, you will not need a username or password.
ANCESTRY & HERITAGE QUEST DATABASES
No password is required within the library building.
Ancestry is accessible only in the library building.
Heritage Quest may be accessed anywhere with a library barcode number.
KYVL (KY Virtual Library):
This database provides a weath of information resources. Magazine articles, newspapers, etc.
You can access this at any time within the library building.
If you want to access from home, please contact the library for a username and password.