FRIENDS Membership Drive
This week at the Library
Join or renew your FRIENDS membership!
Please consider a 2015 FRIENDS Membership. All funds are used to support library programs. Membership support is vital in providing the necessary funds for library requests. Your membership dollars support:
- Youth Reading Programs, activities and book collection
- the library's newspaper and magazine subscriptions
- maintenance contracts for the computers
- self-check machine and maintenance
- Born to Read program for newborns
- and much more!
To learn more about the FRIENDS or to join, please visit the FRIENDS table set up just inside the library or Click Here to print a membership form
Single memberships begin at only $10.00/year
You may choose to volunteer for programs and events but it is not required for membership!
Thank you for your support!
Winter Preschool Storytime Registration
Begins Thursday, January 8th
Click Here for details!
Winter Reading Program
January 5, 2015 - February 21, 2015
- No registration required! Patrons of all ages are welcome and encouraged to participate.
- Simply read of listen to any Fort Dodge Public Library item, including print or downloadable materials.
- Pick up an entry form at any of the service desks.
- Fill it out, then drop it into any of the boxes at a service desk to be entered in the weekly drawings.
- Two winners will be drawn each week for a $10.00 gift certificate to Nettie's.
- All entries will be used for the Grand Prize Drawings at the end of the program.
- One entry per person, per day please
The Fort Dodge Public Library
is eager to announce our new book club!
Next discussion groups meet on:
Monday, February 2nd @ 6:00pm
Thursday, February 5th @ 11:00am
Register and pick up your copy of the selected titles at the
Adult Reference Desk to get started!
The City of Fort Dodge is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, service oriented Library Director with public library experience to build on our library’s past successes and lead it to new levels of excellence.
The library director will be responsible for staff supervision, budget management and the planning, direction, development and evaluation of library policies, services and procedures. The director will also represent the library through public contact, including regularly working at a public service desk and through outreach with various community and professional groups.
MLS - ALA accredited preferred, a minimum of 5 years progressively responsible public library experience, including at least 3 years in a supervisory and/or administrative position, strong personnel management skills, grant writing experience, strong communication and public relations skills and experience with/knowledge of computer technologies.
Click Here for full description.
For 2014 State and Federal Tax Information & VITA Schedule