LIBRARY CARD APPLICATION POLICY
A library card is required for checking out and placing reserves on library materials and requesting interlibrary loan services. There is no age requirement for obtaining a library card. The cardholder or legal guardian is responsible for all materials received using the card. Failure to abide by library rules and regulations may result in fines, fees, and/or suspension of library card privileges.
1. Applicants must provide photo identification and current proof of address. A driverís license is preferred; however any other official ID or recent non-personal mail may be acceptable.
2. Applicants under the age of 14 must have a parent or guardianís signature on the application. The parent or guardian must provide photo identification and current proof of address as stated above.
3. The first library card issued to the applicant is free. If a library card is lost, the replacement cost is $1.00.
4. The patron may borrow two items at the time of application. Once these items have been returned on time and good faith has been established, normal check-out procedures will then apply.
5. To expedite the checkout process, patrons are encouraged to present their card to the librarian at the time of checking out.
6. The library will not reveal library card information to any other agency or third party unless presented with a legal subpoena to do so.
Adopted by the Library Board of Trustees on November 16, 2009
Reviewed and Revised February 21, 2011