Check Out a Kindle
The Fort Dodge Public Library currently has 11 Kindles that our patrons may check out! Each Kindle is preloaded with several titles of various genres. To view, request or check availability of our Kindles, click here.
1. James Patterson
3. Teen Fantasy
4. Heartfelt Romance
9. Good Reads
10. Early Grade Chapter Books
11. Middle Grade Fiction
Kindles are available for check out to adult patrons and juvenile patrons (with adult consent) who live in Fort Dodge, Otho, Barnum and rural Webster County.
What's needed to borrow a Kindle eReader
- Present a current Fort Dodge Public Library card AND a valid photo ID, both of which are needed at every Kindle checkout.
- Read, sign and date the "Borrower Responsibility Agreement" which you will be given at time of check out. Patrons under 18 years of age are required to provided a parent/guardian name and signature on this form.
- Be in good standing with the library. This means patron cannot owe over $5.00 in charges and current address information must be on file with the library.
- Kindle eReaders check out for 14 days.
- Kindle eReaders may not be returned in the Book Drop. They must be returned to staff, in person, to the Library no later than 30 minutes before closing.
- Failure to return a Kindle eReader on time will result in a fine and possible suspension of Kindle eReader privileges.
- Only one Kindle eReader per borrower account may be checked out at one time.
Fines and Fees
The following fines and fees will be collected for failure to return the following:
- Entire unit: $200.00 + $30.00 Processing Fee
- Kindle: $80.00 + $20.00 Processing Fee
- Cord/adapter: $25.00 + $5.00 Processing Fee
- Cover: $35.00 + $5.00 Processing Fee
- Carrying Case: $15.00 + $5.00 Processing Fee
- Reloading Content $50.00
Fines for late return to the Reference Desk will be $2.00 for each day past the assigned due date.
Return in the Book Drop may result in damage and the borrower paying the FULL PRICE OF THE DEVICE. RETURN AT REFERENCE DESK ONLY.
- Kindle should not be left unattended. The library is not responsible for loss and/or damage while the eReader is checked out to the patron.
- Tampering with security features of the eReader is prohibited and may result in suspension of eReader borrower privileges. Tampering includes, but is not limited to, hacking, cracking, adding to or deleting the contents or modifications of any sort.