The Oconee County Library System makes its meeting rooms available to local community groups or organizations devoted to educational, cultural or community welfare activities under non-profit and non-sectarian sponsorship whose purpose is not illegal, subject to the following regulations.
1. Meetings, programs and exhibits must be open to the public except for organized clubs, which may restrict their meetings to members only.
2. The Library reserves the right to monitor the meeting and revoke the privileges with just cause.
3. There will be no fee for the use of the room.
4. Any group using the facility will be responsible for maintaining order and for seeing that the rooms are neat and clean at the conclusion of the meeting.
5. If the Library determines that special clean-up is required, a fee may be charged.
6. Groups are liable for any damage to the building, furniture or equipment.
7. Reservations and cancellations shall be made at least two weeks in advance. Also with a two week notice, any group may be asked to reschedule a meeting if the Library Director determines that such rescheduling is necessary in the Library’s interest.
8. No admission may be charged and no donations or collections other than organizational dues may be taken. Tuition and fees may be charged for educational courses which are approved by the Library.
9. Children and youth groups must be adequately supervised by adults as determined by the Library System Code of Conduct.
10. The Library will not be responsible for the security of an exhibit or other items. The Library will not provide porter service to load and unload materials or equipment.
11. Light refreshments, but no alcoholic beverages, may be served. No kitchen facilities are available for use.
12. No smoking is allowed in any part of the Library.
13. Facilities and equipment may vary with each location. Any request for available equipment must be made at the time the room is booked.
14. Use of the meeting rooms for book signings by authors with sale of that author's books will be permitted at the discretion of the Library Board. Any that are sponsored by the Friends of the Library will be allowed.
Use of the meeting room is assigned on a first come/first served basis. Problems developing from this will be resolved by the Director, with priority as follows:
1. Users and groups directly related to the Library and the operation of the Library;
2. Departments or agencies of the municipal or county governments;
3. Community organizations formed for educational, cultural, and civic purposes as may be approved by the Director.
Granting permission to use Library facilities does not constitute an endorsement of the group or organization by the Oconee County Library System, its Board of Trustees, or the County Council of Oconee County, S.C.