Mission and Goals
Mission and Goals for Southwest Texas Junior College Libraries
The mission of the Southwest Texas Junior College Libraries is to make information and resources available that supports the educational goals and activities of the college.
1. Promote communication of ideas, enlightened citizenship, and enriched personal lives.
2. Support college courses with library materials and instructional aids that supplement and expand the content of the curriculum.
3. Provide access to original, sometimes unorthodox, and critical ideas on many subjects.
4. Serve the college as a center of reliable, up-to-date information in a variety of formats.
5. Promote information literacy by providing library/information instruction sessions to groups and/or individuals.
6. Provide off-campus access for students.
7. Support and co-operate with other campus departments, organizations, and groups in education, civic, and cultural activities.