The library welcomes community use of meeting rooms.To facilitate use, please follow these rules.
Meeting rooms are for programs and meetings that are educational, cultural, religious or civic in nature. The library’s public nature precludes use for commercial purposes, or for private social functions such as weddings or anniversary parties. Permission to use the meeting rooms is not an endorsement of the user or the user’s beliefs.
Users are subject to normal library rules. Eligible groups may reserve meeting rooms on a first come, first served basis. Elections and electoral use take priority.
• Please complete a meeting room application. Include the name of the sponsoring group in any advertising or announcements and report number of people who attended after each meeting. Meetings may be observed by library staff.
• Non-profit groups may collect membership dues but admission fees and solicitation are not allowed.
• Meeting rooms should be used during normal library hours unless prior approval has been granted. Meeting should end 10 minutes before library closing time so that library security systems can be engaged. Use other than by the library is limited to no more than four days in a single month or twenty-four times in a single calendar year.
• Tables and chairs are available for group use, and the group using the room is responsible for making any desired changes to the furniture arrangement. The group using the room is also responsible for paying for any extra cleaning costs that might result from the use of the room, and for any damage to the building or equipment. Audiovisual equipment needs to be reserved in advance. Groups should designate a member to learn to operate equipment prior to the meeting.
• The library cannot take telephone or other messages and is not responsible for personal belongings.
• Meeting room space is limited; therefore a 24-hour notice of cancellation is required in order that rooms may be rescheduled. Following two no-shows without 24-hour cancellation notice, the privilege of reserving the meeting rooms will be suspended for the individual or group in question. Reapplication for this privilege must then be made with the library director. The Trustees of the Library reserve the right to deny further use of meeting rooms or space to any individual or group who disregards or violates library policies.
Last modified August 19, 2010
249 Nash St. WWilson, NC 27893Main Number 252-237-5355
Monday- Wednesday: 9:00-9:00Thursday-Saturday: 9:00-6:00Sunday: Closed