After the 30 day provisional status, patrons may request items through the Interlibrary Loan System. This service allows patrons to borrow up to three items from another library’s collection when the borrowing library does not own and never intends to own an item. Books, periodical articles, microfilm and other materials are readily accessible. Interlibrary Loan request slips are located at the Reference desk on the second floor. Interlibrary Loan requests can also be phoned in by calling the Reference desk at 252-237-5355 ext. 5028.
General Interlibrary Loan Guidelines:
• Patron must have a current library card free of all extended use fees and no current overdue books
• A $2.00 fee is required for book requests. Microfilm and periodical request prices may vary
• Items must be at least 6 months older than publication date
• Patron must provide title and author at minimum, other publication details are encouraged
• Renewal requests must be submitted to a Reference librarian before the due date. Renewal requests are often denied and an item’s due date cannot be extended.
• A $1.00 per day extended use fee is charged for overdue items