Video Media Policy
1. The video media in the library’s collection will include only those with an MPAA rating of G, PG or PG13. If a video does not have an MPAA rating, then another unbiased rating source will be consulted, if available.
2. The loan period for all video media is two days, with a maximum check out of 1 week. They must be returned by closing on the day they are due. They may be renewed once.
3. The patron is responsible for return of the video media in good condition. In the case of loss, theft, or damage, the patron will be charged the full replacement cost of the item.
4. The library assumes no responsibility for damage caused to a borrower’s video equipment by library video media.
5. There will be a fine charged for overdue video media at the rate of $1.00 per day per item, not to exceed the value of the video. Borrowing privileges will be suspended when fines exceed $5.00.
6. Copyright laws limit these video media to home viewing only and prohibit their duplication.
Adopted by Belmond Public Library Board on July 21, 1997
Reviewed and revised by Library Board on December 18, 2000; December 14, 2004; May 16, 2005 Reviewed February 2008
Reviewed and revised by the Library Board February 2011, February 2014, May 2016